NEW Fundamentals plus Workshop
A full day interactive program aimed at clinical leads and senior clinicians within organisations.
Participants will learn:
1. How to support and educate other clinicians to use the PCOC assessment tools in routine practice
2. Assessment and clinical response based on the PCOC tools (Phase, RUG, AKPS, PCPSS, SAS)
3. Strategies for integrating routine assessments into your organisations clinical practice
- Clinical leads, senior clinicians, PCOC champions, trainers and educators from allied health, nursing and medical disciplines.
- Participants should be clinicians who are comfortable and competent in teaching others, as well as working in collaboration with others.
- The workshop is suitable for both new and experienced users of the PCOC assessment tools.
A full day interactive program designed to enhance knowledge of PCOC, the assessment tools and the use of PCOC in your palliative care service.
- Clinicians who are new users of the PCOC assessment tools
- Clinicians implementing PCOC into routine clinical practice
- Assessing the Phase of Illness
- Assessment tools for symptom and functional assessment
- Assessment data, what it tells us and how to use it
- Barriers & strategies for integrating PCOC assessments into practice
- Content of Patient Outcome Reports
- Outcome Measures and Benchmarks
A full day interactive program designed to utilise PCOC reports to identify and undertake quality improvement activities.
Audience and Requirements:
- Clinicians and managers who are familiar with PCOC reports and the assessment tools. It is recommended that attendance is in pairs or groups. Participants are required to bring their most recent report, dashboard and supplementary reports.
Participants will learn clinical analytic strategies to identify and plan improvements, including:
- Enhancing data literacy through data diving to support logical thinking and critical reflection using PCOC reports, Dashboards and Supplementary Reports.
- Using PCOC data and enabling factors self assessment to identify gaps.
- Using collaborative data inquiry to translate data from information into actionable knowledge and target an area for improvement.
- Applying quality improvement methodologies to plan and drive change.
Quotes from PCOC Workshop participants
"Every time I return from a workshop I always have a new sense of enthusiasm for using PCOC more efficiently."
"[PCOC] aims to ensure clinical evidence-based practice, strives for continual improvement in service delivery, and provides guidance for clinicians."
"The training provided an excellent overview of PCOC and tools and practical application."
"Thanks so much - this has really enhanced my understanding and will really help me to implement and embed with our team practice."
"Gave me insight to how PCOC can be used to enhance my effectiveness in the workplace."
"Thank you I had no idea this morning, now I feel confident to use these tools."
"Thoroughly enjoyed this course, it was well presented and engaging. Very glad I attended as it has clarified the tool and its uses for me during my nursing day."