Collecting data for PCOC
There are several options for collecting the PCOC data set. Services can collect data using SNAPshot, (available to end 2019) or epiCentre for PCOC. Both systems enable easy collection of all required data items. Alternatively, facilities can use their current data collection system and extract the required data items from it according to the Version 3 PCOC data set.
PCOC has implemented a secure web-based submission portal called ‘Secured Online Submission’ (SOS).This system has been customised for PCOC to ensure that data can be submitted in a simple yet secure way. You will no longer submit data via email.
The timeframes for each 6 month data submission are as follows:
- 30 June or 31 December - last day of PCOC reporting period
- 1 July or 1 January - PCOC central database opens and begins accepting extracts for the reporting period. First data submissions are due either end of third week of January or end of third week of July
- Quality reports are produced automatically and sent to services promptly so that identified data errors can be reviewed, corrected and resubmitted before being included in the national database
- PCOC central database closes at the discretion of the PCOC Manager
- Service reports are then produced and disseminated
Need help submitting your epiCentre data extract to PCOC?
Follow this link to the User Guide Extracting data to send to PCOC
Need help submitting your SNAPshot data extract to PCOC?
This cheat sheet outlines the process for creating, finding and submitting PCOC extracts for users of SNAPshot.