Professor Kathy Eagar acknowledged with top award
Director of the Australian Health Services Research Institute, Professor Kathy Eagar, received the prestigious Health Services Research Association of Australia and New Zealand (HSRAANZ) Professional Award on 7 December 2015.
The HSRAANZ Professional Award was presented biennially from 2011 and 2015 and recognised an individual who had made an outstanding, life-time contribution to the development of health services research in Australia or New Zealand. The Award recognised the conduct of high quality health services research, translation into policy and practice, and activities to support other researchers, such as mentoring and contributing to the development of a supportive research environment.
The purpose of the HSRAANZ Professional Award is to:
- Identify and acknowledge individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the development of health services research in Australia or New Zealand
- Profile the work of the individual
- Inspire others to follow the example
Criteria for Selection - The award is be offered to an individual who has:
- Initiated a strong research agenda
- Made an ongoing contribution to the profession of health services research over many years
- Mentored other researchers
- Contributed to a supportive research environment.
UOW media release: