Health outcomes analytics project
Epidemiological Consulting and the Hunter New England and Central Coast Primary Health Network (HNECC Limited)
Duration: May – July 2017
The Australian Health Outcomes Collaboration (AHOC) was sub-contracted by Epidemiological Consulting, who was engaged to provide expert advice and assistance in developing the health outcomes analytic capability of the organisation. The objective of the project was to improve the knowledge and capability of HNECC Limited staff to identify, collect, analyse and report on health outcome indicators.
What we did
The key components and deliverables completed as part of this project were:
- Facilitating a series of workshops to a selection of HNECC Limited staff on managing and measuring health outcomes.
- Assisting HNECC Limited staff, key program stakeholders and contracted service providers to:
- Review and identify relevant outcome and experience indicators specific to each program;
- Identify appropriate tools to measure these (e.g. PROMs); and
- Suggest potential methodologies for the collection and analysis of indicators.
- Assisting in the provision of a project report outlining the work undertaken and recommendations on how to best progress health outcomes analytics for these programs.
Project leader: Associate Professor Jan Sansoni