Short Course – Casemix Analytics
This two-day short course introduces the current health system context and casemix fundamentals. It addresses the key issues concerning financial efficiency, performance management, and clinical models/policy covering the use of data and selection of appropriate statistical and analytical tools. Elements of the course may be tailored for the individual health service; using local data to address local issues.
Audience: Health service and hospital business managers and service managers, performance analysts
Prerequisites: Knowledge of organisational performance requirements, understanding of casemix principles and classifications, and familiarity with hospital-based patient information systems
Course Aims: The participants will develop:
- An understanding of the drivers within Australian health system and their flow-through implications for funding, performance management, and local policy setting;
- An awareness of the tools available to undertake health service analytics;
- The ability to select the appropriate data set and analytical methodology for the evaluation and management of health services.
Jenny McNamee, Director, National Casemix and Classification Centre
Janette Green, Associate Professor (Applied Statistics), Director, Centre for Applied Statistics in Health
- $800 (plus GST) per person, for groups of 10 to 25 participants nominated from the same health service. A 10% discount applies to groups of over 20.
- Catering can be provided at additional cost
- A certificate of completion will be awarded to participants upon completion of the 2-day course
Venue: The course may be held at a venue provided by the participating health service, or at the Sydney Business School in the Sydney CBD without additional cost.
Date: To be negotiated between NCCC and the participating health service for a mutually suitable time.
More Information: Please contact NCCC by phone at 02 9266 1373 or through email at email@example.com for further enquiries. Please download the brochure for more information.