Please send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is eligible to do the exam?
- How do I obtain exams and/or other resources?
- How do I obtain training?
- What happens if I fail the exam?
- How long should I expect to wait for my exam result and certificate?
- Who should I contact if I have a clinical question?
- How much does it cost me to complete the examination?
- How do I become a facility trainer?
- How often is a credentialed user required to re-credential?
How do I obtain training?
There are a few different ways to obtain training. Further information can be found on the Training page.
- If there are a significant number of people who require training from your rehab facility, your facility may wish to run its own workshop conducted by a Master Trainer.
- AROC conducts workshops that are open to anyone interested in being trained, as long as they are clinically trained (medical, nursing, allied health). Workshops are run at least once a year in major centres around Australia.
- If there is a Facility Trainer at your facility you may request training from them. AROC plays no part in this training, except to send resources and exams when needed.
What happens if I fail the exam?
Your exam key provides for three chances to pass the exam before it expires. Note, if you are a new user of the FIM™ or WeeFIM® instrument you are required to attend a training workshop before attempting the exam. It is also wise to study the manual before attempting the exam.
Who should I contact if I have a clinical question regarding the FIM™instrument?
How often is a credentialed scorer required to recredential?
A credentialed scorer is required to recredential every two years. The date when your credentialing expires is shown on your credentialing certificate. Additionally, facilities can access a credential report on demand. This report highlights the credentialing status of all staff.
* FIM™ and WeeFIM® are trademarks of the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation, a division of UB Foundation Activities, Inc.