Protocol Package to Implement and Embed PCOC
This package provides support for services and clinicians to implement and embed the PCOC program within routine practice.
- Guide to implementing and embedding PCOC - step-by-step guide to assist palliative care services to develop a plan for implementing PCOC, or to monitor and evaluate progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Assessment protocol - guidance for clinicians to use the clinical assessment tools and to develop service-based assessment frameworks.
- Clinical Manual - guide for educators, clinical support staff, managers, clinicians and IT and administration staff regarding:
- assessment tool definitions
- data item definitions
- completion of PCOC assessment forms
- information on the benchmarks and outcome measures.
- Key strategies and enabling factors tool - the organisational, governance and clinical practice factors that will support a service to successfully implement and embed PCOC in routine policy, practice and quality improvement.
- Contact us for new lanyard card
Guides for assessment:
- a) Inpatient - guide for assessment in an inpatient palliative care unit.
- b) Community - guide for assessment in a community palliative care unit.
- c) Consultation - guide for assessment in a consultation palliative care unit.