Vale Alan Owen
It is with great sadness that we announce the untimely death of our colleague Professor Alan Owen. Alan worked at the Australian Health Services Research Institute (formerly the the Centre for Health Service Development) for 16 years. He leaves a lasting intellectual and professional contribution to the Institute's work. An obituary for Alan was published in the Sydney Morning Herald on 26 December 2012 and is available from the AHSRI Notice Board.
The Australian Health Services Research Institute (AHSRI) was established in May 2011, bringing together seven research centres. AHSRI is part of the Sydney Business School and aims to improve the management and provision of health and community services in Australia by achieving greater equity in resource distribution, fairer access to services, better continuity within and across the health and community care sectors, and the use of evidence to assist management decision-making.
In addition to producing robust academic output, the products of the Institute include practical and expert advice to a variety of government and non-government agencies and interest groups.
AHSRI is comprised of the following seven research centres:
- Centre for Health Service Development (CHSD)
- Palliative Care Outcomes Collaboration (PCOC)
- Australasian Rehabilitation Outcomes Centre (AROC)
- National Casemix and Classification Centre (NCCC)
- Australasian Occupational Science Centre (AOSC)
- Australian Health Outcomes Collaboration (AHOC)
- Centre for Applied Statistics in Health (CASiH)
The Centre for Health Service Development (CHSD) is the arm of AHSRI that nurtures new research themes and programs. It serves as the ‘generalist health and community’ research group doing strategic project-based research as an AHSRI ‘centre’. The six other sub-centres focus on specific areas and also operate as research centres within the AHSRI structure.
- Alan Owen - Obituary
- Associate Professor Ben Marosszeky, AROC Clinical Director, awarded Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for significant service to rehabilitation medicine
- Social Science & Medicine reports on key new method
- AHSRI Annual Report - 2011
- Activity Based Funding
- CHSD Response to Pricing Framework Document
- NCCC Response to Pricing Framework Document
- Graduate Program in Health Services Research and Development
- AN-SNAP Classification Version 3
- Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden National Program Evaluation
- Encouraging Best Practice in Residential Aged Care (EBPRAC) Final Report