Links and Affiliations
Within the University of Wollongong
The Australian Health Services Research Institute's relationship with the Sydney Business School reflects the way the Institute's links have strengthened across faculties in areas such as management, information systems and health economics. At the same time, the Institute has working relationships with the Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences, and the School of Mathematics and Applied Statistics.
With other Australian Universities
AHSRI has collaborations with other health service research organisations. We have strong links with researchers at Newcastle, UNSW, Queensland and Melbourne Universities, Queensland University of Technology, Flinders and Edith Cowan University. The NSW-based Australian Mental Health Outcomes and Classification Network (AMHOCN) is a partner that shares the AHSRI interest in data and classification issues, and the use of nationally agreed mental health outcome measures. AHSRI also has links with The George Institute for Global Health (University of Sydney).
With the health industry
We continue to have strong connections to influential industry partners, particularly government authorities and area health services, but also with non-government organisations (ACOSS), local government and industry groups like the Australian Healthcare Association, the NSW and ACT Aged and Community Services Association, private providers and health insurance groups.
The AHSRI has a growing international reputation. Its staff are regularly invited to present papers at international conferences, e.g. the OECD (on measuring health system performance), the Canadian Health Services Research Foundation, consultancies and development projects on health financing for the World Health Organisation and AusAID; and Oxford Outcomes in the UK (to undertake the Australian language revisions of a number of health outcomes assessment instruments). AHOC has a collaboration with the MAPI Institute in France and the International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL).
- Alan Owen - Obituary
- Associate Professor Ben Marosszeky, AROC Clinical Director, awarded Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for significant service to rehabilitation medicine
- Social Science & Medicine reports on key new method
- AHSRI Annual Report - 2011
- Activity Based Funding
- CHSD Response to Pricing Framework Document
- NCCC Response to Pricing Framework Document
- Graduate Program in Health Services Research and Development
- AN-SNAP Classification Version 3
- Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden National Program Evaluation
- Encouraging Best Practice in Residential Aged Care (EBPRAC) Final Report